April 13, 2024

National President of NLC, Joseph Ajaero The Nigeria Labour Congress, on Tuesday night urged Nigerians to ignore news about a possible suspension of its planned nationwide strike scheduled to commence Wednesday.

The Congress in a terse statement signed by its national president, Joe Ajaero, said the protests would be held as scheduled across major cities in the country.

Earlier in a briefing with journalists at the State House, the Secretary-General of the NLC, Emmanuel Ugboaja, stated that the Congress might reconsider its stance on the proposed strike action.

Ugboaja’s statement had led to a series of controversies with news about a possible suspension making waves across the country.

The terse statement which was posted on the official Twitter handle of the NLC reads, “Ignore fake rumours, NLC is never divided.

We are one united and strong labour centre. The protest rally will be held Tomorrow (Wednesday) nationwide.”

Earlier, Ajaero, in a chat with our reporter noted that the NLC had no reason to suspend its proposed strike. “We have no reasons to call off the planned protest. If we suspend or call it off, you will know.

I can tell you that the mobilisation is very high,” Ajaero said. Similarly, a deputy vice-president of the NLC, Titus Amba, noted that there was no new development following the national broadcast made by the President, Bola Tinubu, on Monday evening.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *