June 12, 2024

The Defence Headquarters says the military is working with other security agencies and stakeholders to go after kidnapping syndicates operating in the territory.

Edward Buba, the Director, Defence Media Operations, gave the assurance in the weekly report of the operations of the armed forces on Friday in Abuja.

According to him, the armed forces were aware of the impact of kidnappings on the families of those affected and also recognised the fear it had created among residents lately.

Buba added that the troops had prioritised areas of kidnapping incidents with increased ground and air surveillance over the areas.

He noted that technology had also been deployed to detect the hideouts and enclaves of kidnapping gangs and that the tempo of operations had been increased to find, degrade and destroy them.

According to him, while troops probably do not have all the answers as of now, citizens should rest assured that the armed forces is working relentlessly to address the hurtful situation.

“Additionally, troops are synergising with other security services and stakeholders to investigate and gather more intelligence on these kidnapping gangs, particularly around the FCT.

“In the FCT and environs, some of the areas cleared by troops so far include Kawu, Gaba, Deidei, Kubwa Hills, and Ushafa in the FCT, Garam, Jibi, and back of Zuma Rock in Niger State, as well as Gidan Dogo and Kuyeri/Kuyeri Hills in Kaduna State.

“There have also been intensified night patrols in Mpape, Kubwa, Lugbe, Pyakasa, Keti, Gbaupe, Gbaukuchi, and Airport Road, among others,” he said.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *