THE IGP HAVE’NT FAILED TO RELEASE MAHDI SHEHU ON BAIL UPON THE ORDER OF THE COURT, THE KATSINA STATE POLICE COMMISSIONER IN FURTHERANCE OF THEIR DISOBEDIENCE TO VALID COURT ORDERS REFUSED TO TRANSFER MAHDI SHEHU BUT ISSUED FRESH YET SAME ALLEGED OFFENSES AGAINST HIM, SAFE FOR THE NEW ALLEGATION OF AN ACT OF TERRORISM.
1. Federal High Court Katsina State has transferred Mahdi’s case to Kano State Federal High Court division today Friday 12th March 2021.
2. The police refused to transfer Mahdi to Kano but detained him in Katsina. Two hours later while in detention, a police officer whose identity is not known came into the cell to inform Mahdi Shehu of a fresh petition written against him by the Katsina State Attorney General which was forwarded to Katsina State commissioner of police for investigation and prosecution.
3. However, Mahdi told the police officer that because of his medical condition he is not in a physical and mental state to enable him to comprehend and comment on the said petition however, he advised him to reach out to his lawyers
4. Incidentally, one of the lawyers in Mahdi’s team who happened to be at the police headquarters was accosted with the said petition requesting him to accept it on behalf of his client: Mahdi Shehu.
5. He declined to collect it for the reason that he needs to speak to his lead counsel.
6. The glance he had on the petition disclosed the following alleged offenses:
B. INJURIOUS FALSEHOOD
C. DEFAMATION OF CHARACTER
D. AND ACT OF TERRORISM
Finally, all these alleged offenses are subject to and ongoing matters at the Chief Magistrate Court No1 Katsina, Upper Sharia Court 2 Katsina, High Court Katsina, High Court Malumfashi, Appeal Session Dutsinma, and Federal High Court Kano, Division.
ACT OF TERRORISM is the new alleged charge introduced to enable the Magistrate Court to take cognizance of arraignment and remand Mahdi Shehu into prison custody because it is not ordinary bailable and is not a trail-able offense under magistrate Court.
Their plan is the commissioner of police to hurriedly raise a first information report (FIR) against Mahdi Shehu and charge him before magistrate Court even before hearing Mahdi’s side of the story.
This also inspired Mahdi’s case in Federal High Court at Kano which will hold on Monday 15th March 2021.
Fellers are that they will delay Mahdi’s arraignment in Kano in order to get him arraigned in Katsina and get him detained in prison custody so that after federal high Court arraignment in Kano therefore even if Mahdi is given bail, they will re-arrest him in Kano and bring him back to Katsina for permanent custody.
The attention of Inspector of police is been drawn up this absurdity that is about to be perpetrated in the name of the police institute and hereby advised him wisely to act to precision.
The Attorney General should take note of this outright abuse of judicial processes
The Nigerian Bar Association, Katsina State, and entire Chapters, as well as National Body, should see this as an assault on the criminal procedure.
Civil society groups, Face Base Organisations, and other NGOs both National and International should be interesting in this rare case study.
The Vice President being a senior advocate of Nigeria should read in between the line and see the danger and damage been done to his regime, his cardinal principles in rule of law
The general public should watch keenly as persecution replaced prosecution and if it is Mahdi today, tomorrow could be somebody else.
Finally, Mr. President being the father of the nation and particularly came from Katsina State should sermon the Attorney General of the Federation to seek proper suggestions because all Mahdi’s efforts are geared towards protecting his personality and also promoting his anti-corruption crusade. Should he allow Katsina State Government, the commissioner of police Katsina State and IGP to have their way in intimidating and incarcerating Mahdi Shehu on account of his non-commercial whistleblowing which this administration constituted and encouraged via presidential executive order.
Then “The dark clouds” will set at midday.
GOD SAVE NIGERIA.
April 17, 2021
April 17, 2021
April 17, 2021
April 17, 2021
Please take a look at what we do on the pdf file below thank you.