1,100 Taraba pilgrims to depart for Saudi Arabia on Thursday – Official
A total of 1,100 intending pilgrims from Taraba will commence their journey to Saudi Arabia for the Hajj on Thursday, Executive Secretary of the state Muslim Pilgrims’ Welfare Board, Alhaji Umaru Leme, has said.
Leme told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Jalingo on Monday that 177 of the pilgrims were sponsored by the state government and 37 by local councils.
According to him, the state governor, Mr Darius Ishaku has appointed the Lamido Gashaka, Alhaji Zubairu Sambo as leader of the state contingent for the pilgrimage.
He disclosed that the state government had released N310 million to the board to ensure successful hajj operation.
Leme said that 1,100 passports for the intending pilgrims had been processed, and assured that all the pilgrims would be transported before the end of August.
He further assured that accommodation and feeding arrangements for all pilgrims in Makkah and Madina have been concluded, while Islamic scholars have been engaged to guide the pilgrims on hajj obligations.
Leme advised the intending pilgrims to abide by the rules and regulations of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia during their stay, and pray for peace and prosperity in Taraba and Nigeria.