You Are Here: Home»Boko Haram»Boko Haram confirmed to me that abducted Dapchi schoolgirls are in good condition – Aisha Wakil
Boko Haram confirmed to me that abducted Dapchi schoolgirls are in good condition – Aisha Wakil
Posted by :Aliyu MuhammedPosted date : March 3, 2018In Boko Haram, NewsComments Off on Boko Haram confirmed to me that abducted Dapchi schoolgirls are in good condition – Aisha Wakil
As the search for the kidnapped Dapchi schoolgirls continues, a human rights activist, Aisha Wakil, has claimed that she was contacted by a Boko Haram faction that confirmed that it had the missing girls.
Wakil, who is popularly called Mama Boko Haram, was a member of the Presidential Committee on Dialogue and Peaceful Resolution of Security Challenges in the North, which was set up during the administration of former President Goodluck Jonathan.
Wakil made the claim in a video interview with the News Agency of Nigeria that has gone viral on the social media, saying the terrorist group had made contact with her on Thursday. She is believed to have communication links with the leadership of the sect and also believed to have played some roles in negotiations between the Federal Government and Boko Haram insurgents that resulted in the release of persons kidnapped by the group in the past.
Earlier in the week, Wakil had pleaded with the abductors of the schoolgirls to release them so that they could reunite with their families.
But in the fresh video, Wakil said, “They are even the ones that called me and said Mama, we heard what you have said and told me that they are with the girls and they are going to release them.
“I begged of them and said please let this not be another 1,000-plus days of Chibok girls, and they laughed and said no. I asked them where I can come and stay with them (girls) for two days, but they did not say anything.
“I can assure Nigerians that so far they are with my son, Habib, and his friends; Habib is a nice guy, he is a very nice boy. He will not harm them, he will not touch them, and he will not kill them. He is going to listen to us, and so far, he indicated interest that he loves peace. And I love them for that and believe what they said on this.
“They will definitely give us the girls. All I am begging Nigerians is to calm down, be prayerful, everything will be over in God grace (sic).”
The Federal Government had on Tuesday released the names and other details of the 110 girls who had yet to be accounted for, following the recent attack on the Government Girls Science and Technical College, Dapchi, Yobe State, on February 19. The missing girls are believed to have been kidnapped by the group.
In April 2014, 276 girls were similarly abducted in a school in Chibok, Borno State.