No fewer than 30 temporary shops were on Thursday destroyed following an early morning fire outbreak near the GSM market at Farm Centre in Kano.
The spokesman of the State Fire Service, Alhaji Saidu Mohammed, disclosed this to newsmen in Kano.
Mohammed said the incident happened at about 1:55am on Thursday.
The fire outbreak was caused by an electric spark from power change-over device.
“We received a distress call early hours of today (Thursday) from ASP Abba Sabo from Kwalli police division at about 01:55am that there is fire a outbreak at the market.
“On receiving the information, we quickly sent our fire fighting vehicle to the scene at about 02:00am to quench the fire,” he said.
Mohammed further advised traders at the market and other residents to be more careful in their usage of electrical appliances to forestall future fire accidents.
No related posts.
February 22, 2018
February 21, 2018
Notify me of follow-up comments by email.
Notify me of new posts by email.