You Are Here: Home»News»Ban on street protest still in force, says Kaduna Security Council
Ban on street protest still in force, says Kaduna Security Council
Posted by :Aliyu MuhammedPosted date : September 20, 2017In NewsComments Off on Ban on street protest still in force, says Kaduna Security Council
…declares suspect wanted with N.1m bounty
The Kaduna State Security Council has stated that the ban on street protest and procession remains in force throughout the state. The Council stated that the ban subsists as part of efforts to protect public safety, and safeguard the lives and property of citizens.
The Senior Special Assistant, Media and Publicity, Samuel Aruwan disclosed this shortly after the 21st meeting of the council.
According to Aruwan, the Security Council also warned that individuals and groups who violate the ban will be prosecuted accordingly.
“Kaduna State Security Council wishes to reiterate that the ban on street protest and procession is still in force. The ban, it would be recalled, was placed to protect life and property of the citizenry, and to also check threats to the breakdown of law and order by conflict entrepreneurs.
“We want to bring this notice to the members of the general public to know that, it is purely for security reasons and any individual or group of persons that violates the ban will be prosecuted accordingly.”
Governor Nasir Ahmad El-Rufai, who chaired the meeting, thanked security agencies, traditional and religious leaders, groups and other stakeholders for their immense contributions to sustainable peace in the state especially with the recent developments in other states.
The Council also declared one Yakubu Amos wanted and placed a N100, 000 reward for anyone that provides useful information leading to his arrest.
Mr. Amos is wanted by the security agencies in connection with the attacks at Damisa, Chikun local government area of the state.
Police Commissioner Agyole Abeh informed the Council that efforts made to arrest the suspect have so far been unsuccessful.
Members of the council, Aruwan further explained, therefore unanimously agreed to declare the suspect wanted in the media.
The meeting had in attendance, Brig-Gen. GU Chibuisi, Commander 1 Division Garrison, Nigerian Army, Kaduna, Commissioner of Police Agyole Abeh, MT Wakil, State Director DSS, Air Cdre IT Ali, Commander, 453 Base Services Group, Nigerian Air Force, Kaduna, and the Commandant Nigerian Navy School of Armament, Kachia, Cdre IJ Iliya.
Other attendees include HRH Emir of Zazzau, Alhaji Shehu Idris, HRH Alhaji Zubair Jibril, Emir of Birnin Gwari and HRH Kpop Gwong Col. Paul Zakka Wyom and heads of other security agencies.