Wasallallahu Ala Nabiyul Karim
FELLOW CITIZENS OF YOBE STATE
As you are all aware, today Friday the 1st day of September 2017 which is equivalent to 10th of Dhul Hajj 1438 AH of the Islamic calendar is Eid-el-kabir day. On this blessed festival of Eid-El-Kabir, it is with gratitude and complete submission to the will of Almighty Allah, that I send warm greetings and best wishes to our Muslim brothers and sisters in Yobe State and throughout Nigeria. I rejoice with you all and with the millions of Muslim faithful all over the world who have been blessed by the Almighty to witness and celebrate this momentous occasion.
2. We are celebrating Eid-el-Kabir every year in order to commemorate the demonstration of complete submission to Allah by Prophet Ibrahim (Alaihis-Salam). This sacrifice signifies that we should follow the examples set by these great Prophets by obeying and submitting ourselves to the commands of the Almighty Allah whole-heartedly. This day therefore reminds us of the practical demonstration of Islam’s vision of man’s total submission and obedience to the will of Allah Subhanahu wata’ala.
3. The acts of sacrifice in this festive period therefore, symbolize our willingness to give up things and bounties that are of benefit to us or close to our hearts for the sake of others. We must learn to make sacrifices and strive towards the attainment of a happy society wherein we shall all live as our brother’s keepers. We must make sacrifices to share the good things we have with our neighbours, the poor and the needy among us to enable them have a meaningful livelihood. All of us as members of the society must make sacrifices in one way or the other in order to strengthen our collective endeavour for the attainment and sustenance of a harmonious, peaceful, disciplined, fair, just and cohesive society.
We should also make sacrifices to uphold the ties that bind us with our relatives, friends, well-wishers and followers of other religions by showing natural inclination through respect, kindness, love, generosity and faithfulness to all fellow human beings.
4. I wish to seize the opportunity provided by this solemn occasion to reassure all our citizens that, in spite of all challenges that we have to contend with as a state, our administration shall continue to remain focused and committed to the sustainability of our developmental programmes aimed at making life more meaningful to the citizenry. While appreciating the cooperation and support that our administration has been enjoying from all our citizens, I urge them to continue to make sacrifices and exercise their civic responsibilities towards achievement of a more prosperous, peaceful and egalitarian society and a state where all of us will be proud to belong and live in.
5. Let me stress that our focus shall continue to be geared towards consolidating the improved security situation in the State and taking further steps to implement our various and far-reaching policies and programmes.
We shall equally give greater attention to the great task of resettlement, rehabilitation and reconstruction of basic infrastructure destroyed by the unfortunate activities of the Boko Haram insurgents through effective and efficient collaboration with our development partners and other stakeholders. I must confess that the development partners and other well spirited humanitarian agencies have assisted our State greatly and therefore, we shall continue to be grateful for their kind gestures which have brought succour to the Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) and the returnees.
6. May I also remind our citizens to continue to be vigilant and report the movement of any suspicious individuals, groups or criminals to the security agencies for necessary action. They, on their part, have pledged to keep the confidentiality of the source(s) of such information. Our people should also continue to keep trust in the Almighty Allah’s power to redress all the challenges experienced in our State over the years.
7. All our people should repent and never relent in the continuous prayer to Almighty Allah during this holy and special period of Eid-el-Kabir celebrations and beyond for improved security, unity and peace in our State, North East and Nigeria as a whole. We should all continue to pray for improved good health of our President Muhammadu Buhari GCFR who has returned to Nigeria from medical vacation recently. We shall equally pray for the safety of our pilgrims who are in the Holy land performing one of their religious obligations and for their safe return home. We should also pray for more beneficial rains and bumper harvest as well as for the continued good health and prosperity of all our people in Yobe State in particular and the nation at large.
I wish you all happy, peaceful and memorable Eid-el-Kabir celebrations.