The Managing Director of Nigeria Export Processing Zones Authority (NEPZA), Hon. Emmanuel Jime, has reshuffled General Managers (GMs) at the Authority’s Head-Office. He has also made new key appointments.
According to the managing director, “the changes are targeted at repositioning the Authority, refocusing its management and enhancing service-delivery, especially in the light of its prime position as the chief driver of the nation’s industrialisation process.”
The redeployed GMS are as follows:
· Mr. Bitrus Dawuk, formerly GM, Enforcement & Compliance, now heads the Finance Department.
· Mr. Oyesola Oyekunle, formerly the GM (Zones), is now GM, Zones Operations (ZOPs), Public.
· Mr. Mu’azu M.H. Ruma, formerly Head of the Lagos Zonal Office, is now GM, Zones Operations (ZOPs), Private.
· Engr. Pius I. Ewenyi, is now the Head, Corporate Services. He formerly oversaw the Free Trade Zones (FTZs) in Kogi/Kwara states.
· Mr. Saleh Gurin, formerly of the Abuja Centenary City, is now Head of the Public-Private Partnership (PPP) Department.
· Both Engr. David Nongo and Jane Tapgun retain their positions as General Manager, Business Development (BD) and Head, Legal Services respectively.
· The new promotions are those of Hajia Zainab Aliyu, Richard Obianu and Nelson Chinna P. While Hajia Aliyu has been promoted to General Manager, with oversight of Compliance and Enforcement, Chinna, now a Senior Manager, heads the Internal Audit.
· Obianu, lawyer, has been promoted to AGM and retained in his former office i.e. Managing Director’s Office (MDO). And Simon Imobo-Tswam is Head, Corporate Communications.
The redeployments and appointments at NEPZA’s Headquarters are part of Authority-wide changes, promotions as well as conversions all aimed at repositioning the Authority and incentivizing staff across the board for maximum productivity.
(Head, Corporate Communcations)